FUTURE EXCHANGE STUDENT
Why Study Abroad?
Studying abroad as a high school foreign exchange student is an immersion into the culture of another country. The challenges are great, but so are the benefits. Why participate in a study abroad program ?
- Gain a new perspective about the world you live in
- Immersion into another culture and adapting to a new way of life
- Become fluent in another language
- Improvelife skills such as resillency and independance
- Become more confident
- Set yourself apart on a college or job applicaiton
- Make lifelong friendships in your host country
- Develop a deeper understanding of yourself and your culture
- Assume leadership roles shaped by lessons from your experience
- Build memories that will last a lifetime
Who can go?
Rotary Youth Exchange programs are open to students ages 15-18 years**. Applicants should be above-average students who have demonstrated leadership in their community. Candidates should possess qualities such as flexibility and a willingness to try new things that will enable them to fully experience life in another country and become excellent cultural ambassadors.
What Does it cost?
The Rotary Youth Exchange Scholarship program is the lowest cost – study abroad program on the market. The scholarship program is administered by volunteer Rotary clubs and it’s members, which keeps program costs to a minimum.
The fee for the 2022-23 study abroad program is $5,500 (plus a non-refundable $150 application fee) and it includes:
- Round-trip airfare
- Travel insurance that includes comprehensive medical, accident, and illness coverage
- Three weekends of language and cultural camps
- Rotary Youth Exchange blazer
The scholarship (valued over $24,000) includes: room and board, tuition and a monthly stipend.
The fee does not include: Travel documents (passports and visa expenses), spending money, ancillary travel, and optional tours.
Why Choose Rotary Youth Exchange?
What are the benefits to Rotary Youth Exchange compared to other study abroad programs:
Rotary Youth Exchange offers additional study abroad benefits such as:
- Cost – less expensive than other study abroad programs
- Expand your volunteer portfolio by participating in Rotary service projects at home and abroad
- Spread world peace while serving as a Rotary Youth Exchange Ambassador
- Gain friendships with other Rotary Youth Exchange students from around the world
- Receive support and training from local Rotary clubs both at home and abroad
- Gain a network of Rotary family from around the world
Your first steps