How To Apply
Applications for the 2023 – 2024 Rotary Exchange Year are available from your local Rotary district’s page for details.
Application deadline for the 2023 – 2024 Exchange Year is November 1, 2022.
READ all about our program on this website before you start the application process.
ATTEND your Rotary district’s information meeting with your parents/guardians in August or September.
EXPLORE what’s needed to complete your application and start preparing. Your Rotary district will send you an application invitation.
A student who is coming INTO Florida and Georgia from any of the thirty-five countries we currently exchange with
A student who is headed OUT from Florida and Georgia to any of our partner countries
A student who has successfully completed their exchange year, and now can assist other students in preparing for their journey
Outbound Exchange Student Timeline
August – Visit your Rotary district’s page to find information on upcoming scholarship meetings. Some districts require you to pre-register for a meeting and attend with a parent or guardian
September/October – Attend an scholarship information meeting
August – October – Work on completing your application
November 1st – Deadline for submitting a completed application
November – Interviews for Rotary Youth Exchange Scholarships are held
December – Scholarships are announced
January – First Rotary Youth Exchange outbound training weekend
January through July – Studying your host language and individual district training sessions
June – Second Rotary Youth Exchange outbound training weekend
July/August – Depart on your exchange
YEAR THREE :
June/July – Return home from your exchange year
July – Rotary Youth Exchange rebound weekend
The application is completed online.
Your district will provide information on what you need to know before starting the application process.
Some districts will require you to attend an information meeting before starting the application process while other districts will hold pre-application phone conversations.
Components of the Application
- General Student and Family Information
- Student Letter
- Parent Letter
- Club Sponsor Form signed by your local Rotary Club and your local Youth Exchange District Chair
- Medical History/Examination Form
- Dental Health/Examination Form
- Rules and Conditions of Exchange
- Personal Reference from Teacher or School Administrator
- Color Copy of Passport or Birth Certificate
- Copy of School Transcripts
- Three Host Family Referrals
- $150 Non-Refundable Application Fee
DO NOT print this, as it is a SAMPLE ONLY. This sample may differ slightly from the new online application.
You will complete your application online only.
Good to Know
The entire Rotary Youth Exchange Scholarship application normally takes three to five weeks to complete, so start early!
• Once you complete Part One of the Rotary Youth Exchange Scholarship application, Part Two will be forwarded to you for completion.
• Applications are in electronic fillable format and typed versions are preferred.
• All document uploads must be legible and full page 8.5”x 11” PDF. Do not upload JPGS.
• All signatures MUST be in BLUE ink.
• Only electronically submitted applications are accepted.
• If you do not have access to a scanner, we recommend using one of the many free scanner apps available on your smartphone to upload your documents in a legible PDF format.